Browse by Industry
China News Focus
An eagle eye on China overseas investment:-
05 Mar 2019 – CASICloud sets up Hong Kong Cloud Network International Information Technology Co. Ltd. in Hong Kong
28 Feb 2019 – China Railway Group Limited sets up a subsidiary China Railway Philippines in the Philippines.
28 Feb 2019 - Beijing New Building Materials Public Limited Company to acquire a 100% equity stake of Sinoma (Hong Kong) Limited.
28 Feb 2019 – China Energy Engineering Group Tianjin Electric Power Construction Co. Ltd. sets up China Energy Tianjin Indonesia Co. Ltd. in Indonesia.
28 Feb 2019 – China Energy Engineering Group Science and Technology Development Co. Ltd. sets up a joint venture company China Energy Engineering Group Vietnam Power Station Servicing Co. Ltd. in Vietnam.
28 Feb 2019 - China Meheco Group Co. Ltd. increases registered capitals in Meheco (Hong Kong) International Company Limited.
28 Feb 2019 – Zhejiang Ocean Family Co. Ltd. to build five mega vessels in Kiribati for net-catching tuna fish.
28 Feb 2019 – Zhejiang Lygend Investment to set up a mineral mining company in the Solomon Islands.
What to watch
11 Sept 2019 - China is forecast to import 7 million tons of palm oil in 2019/20, an increase of 500,000 tons over last year as palm oil is price competitive comparing with other lipids, according to China National Grain and Oils Information Center.
12 Jun 2019 - China imported 424 million tons of iron ore during the period of January to May, 5.2% less than a year ago, but the average import price surged 24.8% to RMB570.6 per ton.
6 Jun 2019 - Shanghai Electric and GFG Alliance of Australia signed an agreement to build a solar power plant in South Australia, supporting the expansion of a local steel factory.
28 May 2019 - Nanjing Metro Group was given a nod by the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) to issue RMB10 billion of corporate bonds for replenishing working capitals and for constructing subway transports.
Up-dating China economics
Time: August 2019
Consolidated PMI: 53.0%
- Manufacturing: 49.5%
- High-tech manufacturing: 51.2%
- Consumer goods: 50.9%
- Large enterprises: 50.4%
- Small businesses: 48.6%
- Non-manufacturing Business Activity Index: 53.8%
- Services Business Activity Index: 52.5%
- Anticipated Services Business Activity Index: 59.8%
- Building Industry Business Activity Index: 61.2%
- Civil Engineering Construction Business Activity Index: 63.9%
- Construction Installation Decoration Business Activity Index: 61.2%
Source: National Bureau of Statistics of China
A matter of fact -
China's 17 pilot free trade zones (FTZs):
- Shanghai (approved in 2013)
- Tianjin (2014)
- Guangdong province (2014)
- Fujian province (2014)
- Liaoning province (cities of Dalian, Shenyang, Yingkou)
- Henan province (Zhengzhou, Kaifeng, Luoyang)
- Zhejiang province (Zhoushan)
- Hubei province (Wuhan, Xiangyang, Yichang)
- Chongqing (Liangjiang, Xiyung, Guoyuan)
- Sichuan province (Chengdu)
- Shaanxi province (Xi'an)
- Shandong province (2019)
- Jiangsu province (2019)
- Guangxi Autonomous Region (2019)
- Hebei province (2019)
- Yunnan province (2019)
- Heilongjiang province (2019)