Browse by Industry
China News Focus
SAIGON – MobiFone has made debut 5G networks and services for customers in Ho Chí Minh City, Da Nang and Hai Phong.
NAYPYIDAW – The Myanmar investment board approved 154 foreign investment projects during the period of October 2019 to 3 April 2020, bringing 121 manufacturing investments, 12 services and six power supplying projects to Myanmar.
SEOUL – Foreigners owned 2.49 million square kilometers of land in Korea as of the end of 2019, 3% more than the year before. Americans owned about 52%, followed by the Chinese, the Japanese and the Europeans. In terms of value, foreigners owned KRW30.78 trillion worth of land, an increase of 2.9%.
What to watch
18 Apr 2020 - China registered a per capita disposable income of RMB8,561 in the first quarter, increasing 0.8% in nominal value but dropping 3.9% in real term.
17 Apr 2020 - The 127th China Import & Expo Fair (Canton Fair) is scheduled to open online on 15 June for ten days.
2 Apr 2020 - CCPIT Guangzhou Sub-Council has compiled a list of manufacturers producing medical materials and goods - the Epidemic Prevention and Control Suppliers or Manufacturers in Guangzhou, First Edition.
26 Mar 2020 – China has set the target price of Xinjiang-grown cotton at an average price of RMB18,600/ton starting from 2020, adjustable once every three years.
Euler Hermes launches Trade Match to help companies identify export risks and opportunities
Up-dating China economics
Time: Jan-Mar 2020
Retail sales of consumer goods: RMB7.8580 trillion (-19.0% year-on-year)
- Urban: RMB6.7855 trillion (-19.1%)
- Rural: RMB1.0725 trillion (-17.7%)
- Restaurant sales: RMB602.6 bn (-44.3%)
- Retail sales: RMB7.2553 trillion (-15.8%)
- Foodstuff: RMB385.8 billion (12.6%)
- Drinks: RMB46.8 billion (4.1%)
- Clothing, footwear, knitted wear: RMB225.2 billion (-32.2%)
- Jewelry: RMB42.9 billion (-37.7%)
- Household electronics, audio-video products: RMB138.9 billion (-29.9%)
- Petroleum and products: RMB362.7 billion (-23.5%)
- Automobiles: RMB632.6 billion (-30.3%)
- Construction and decoration goods: RMB27.8 billion (-23.9%)
Source: National Bureau of Statistics of China
A matter of fact -
China's 17 pilot free trade zones (FTZs):
- Shanghai (approved in 2013)
- Tianjin (2014)
- Guangdong province (2014)
- Fujian province (2014)
- Liaoning province (cities of Dalian, Shenyang, Yingkou)
- Henan province (Zhengzhou, Kaifeng, Luoyang)
- Zhejiang province (Zhoushan)
- Hubei province (Wuhan, Xiangyang, Yichang)
- Chongqing (Liangjiang, Xiyung, Guoyuan)
- Sichuan province (Chengdu)
- Shaanxi province (Xi'an)
- Shandong province (2019)
- Jiangsu province (2019)
- Guangxi Autonomous Region (2019)
- Hebei province (2019)
- Yunnan province (2019)
- Heilongjiang province (2019)