Browse by Industry
China News Focus
SAIGON – MobiFone has made debut 5G networks and services for customers in Ho Chí Minh City, Da Nang and Hai Phong.
NAYPYIDAW – The Myanmar investment board approved 154 foreign investment projects during the period of October 2019 to 3 April 2020, bringing 121 manufacturing investments, 12 services and six power supplying projects to Myanmar.
SEOUL – Foreigners owned 2.49 million square kilometers of land in Korea as of the end of 2019, 3% more than the year before. Americans owned about 52%, followed by the Chinese, the Japanese and the Europeans. In terms of value, foreigners owned KRW30.78 trillion worth of land, an increase of 2.9%.
What to watch
28 Jun 2020 - Guangxi LiuGong has just delivered 8 sets of crawl loaders to clients in South Africa.
24 Jun 2020 - China will continue to lower tariffs of public utilities, giving a 5% discount on electricity tariffs for industrial and commercial accounts.
15 Jun 2020 – The virtual opening ceremony of the 127th Canton Fair was held in Beijing and kick-started by Premier Li Keqiang today.
8 Jun 2020 – The Phnom Penh branch of Bank of China (Hong Kong) completed the first Renminbi-Riel direct exchange rate quote and foreign exchange for Cambodia, making direct remittance of Renminbi to Cambodia more convenient.
Euler Hermes launches Trade Match to help companies identify export risks and opportunities
Up-dating China economics
Time: Jan-May 2020
Retail sales of consumer goods: RMB13.87 trillion (-13.5% year-on-year)
- Urban: RMB12.03 trillion (-13.5%)
- Rural: RMB1.84 trillion (-13%)
- Restaurant sales: RMB1.13 trillion (-36.5%)
- Retail sales of merchandise: RMB12.74 trillion (-10.6%)
- Foodstuff: RMB620.6 billion (13.4%)
- Drinks: RMB81.9 billion (8.5%)
- Clothing, footwear, knitted wear: RMB406.7 billion (-23.5%)
- Jewelry: RMB78.5 billion (-26.8%)
- Daily goods: RMB231.1 billion (2.5%)
- Household electronics, audio-video products: RMB274.6 billion (-18.4%)
- Petroleum and products: RMB644.3 billion (-19.6%)
- Automobiles: RMB1.28 trillion (-17.0%)
- Construction and decoration goods: RMB55.2 billion (-14.3%)
Source: National Bureau of Statistics of China
A matter of fact -
China's 17 pilot free trade zones (FTZs):
- Shanghai (approved in 2013)
- Tianjin (2014)
- Guangdong province (2014)
- Fujian province (2014)
- Liaoning province (cities of Dalian, Shenyang, Yingkou)
- Henan province (Zhengzhou, Kaifeng, Luoyang)
- Zhejiang province (Zhoushan)
- Hubei province (Wuhan, Xiangyang, Yichang)
- Chongqing (Liangjiang, Xiyung, Guoyuan)
- Sichuan province (Chengdu)
- Shaanxi province (Xi'an)
- Shandong province (2019)
- Jiangsu province (2019)
- Guangxi Autonomous Region (2019)
- Hebei province (2019)
- Yunnan province (2019)
- Heilongjiang province (2019)